So, it looks like 2012 is finally upon us. This last year hasn’t been everything I hoped it would be in some ways, and more than I hoped in others. Perhaps it’s time for… an accounting!
Positives in 2011:
- Was finally published
- Won NaNoWriMo for the first time
- Started this website
- Lost a lot of weight
- Found out I’m going to be a Daddy again!
- Got way more rejections than I hoped
- Did not actually finish said novel
- Failed to update site as often as I wanted
- Have become fairly jaded with my day job
- Should have written more than I did
- Finish My Novel – I’ve never written a complete novel, but right now I’m as close as I’ve ever been. I don’t want another year to go by without being able to cross this one off my bucket list. Hopefully I won’t stop with one, but it would be a good start if nothing else.
- Establish a Second Source of Income – I’m a little fuzzy on this one, but I want to figure out a way to bring in some kind of income other than my primary job. Even if that income is only a fraction of what I normally make, it’s still something I need to do. I don’t know if that will come from another job, from opening a business, or (by some miracle) from my writing, but it needs to happen.
- Sell More Stories – And when I say “sell” I mean that I want to get paid for my work to be published. I’m shooting for a minimum of three.